Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Oh, Hello Omelet!

I am eating an omelet, because I took the opportunity to build one for myself, for the narrow and highly specific purpose of eating. For myself. Yes. Indeed.


I used the three egg whites leftover from a recent batch of spaghetti carbonara, plus one whole egg. For the pan, I used my husband's gorgeous iron skillet:


(Skillet glamor shot intended to evoke a dark moon rising over a distant planet.)

For the oil, with which the pan was greased, I used olive oil because that's what we have 'round this here kitchen.

For the cheese, I used Tillamook smoked black pepper white cheddar cheese. Not all omelets use cheese, but mine typically do because I love cheese.


For the non-cheese, I used flat leaf parsley and green onion, because those are the fresh herbs that I had in my fridge at the time.


The eggs were only lightly whipped, and they barely filled the pan, so the omelet itself is thin--nearly the size and shape of a tortilla. While not the heartiest omelet of my life (four egg whites to one yolk), it is certainly greasy, flavorful and cheering. A perfect way to prepare for a day of hard work.

Huzzah, omelet!

No comments:

Post a Comment