Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Whole wheat pasta & sautéed vegetables

I've just built and begun to eat a food experiment that turned out better than I expected it to.

I chopped one medium tomato and one medium zucchini, tossed them with a handful (2/3 c?) of frozen corn and sautéed the mix in olive oil over medium heat until hot. Once done, I tossed it with an approximately equal portion of whole wheat pasta, and added salt and fresh-cracked pepper to taste.

The corn makes the dish sweeter than more savory-oriented palates will like, the density of whole-wheat pasta won't please everyone, and the absence of true sauce on the pasta may meet with some open disapproval. But as a fan of simple pasta dishes, whole wheat pastas, and sautéed corn, I'm very happy with it. I will definitely do this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment