Monday, September 8, 2014

Minor Vegetarian Fail: "Meat" crumbles and refried beans

Okay, so this story isn't very exciting, and it isn't going to be very useful, because I forgot the name of the faux-meat crumbles that I was eating here. I bought them in a grocery store.


But whatever it was, the crumbles were okay, but the beans and cheese taste better without fake meat. Refried beans are delicious. They are amazing. You see that cilantro there? Because that's cilantro. Not pictured visibly is lime juice, but there's lime juice on there. 

The beans are, and I'm ashamed as I write this, but the beans are a little bit too good. That is because I have been rebelling against the nonfat vegetarian refried beans of my childhood, and I've been eating traditional refried beans. With lard, my mom says? Whatever they are, they're cheating. I am cheating when I eat them. But I haven't actually mowed on down, on land animal muscle tissue in a pretty long time, so there's that.

Bonus Points:

I have a portable candy station, to facilitate graduate school homework. Unfortunately, eating makes me sleepy, and I have so much reading and editing left to do!!! Woe is me. 




No comments:

Post a Comment