Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Lindsay's Irish Cabbage

My dinner tonight is fantastic! I'm giving the blog spotlight to the cabbage.

Now, I'm Irish-American, and my research into the subject of traditional Irish cabbage preparations was half-assed. But WHATEVER it is that I'm eating, that I just made, is great.




Here's what I did:

Preheat the oven to 350 f.

Sauté 2-3 slices of bacon in at least 1/4" of olive oil the bottom of a soup pot until crispy. Remove bacon and the bacon-olive-oil, and set aside.

Quarter a head of cabbage and peel off the icky outer leaves. Fill the bacon pot with water and boil the cabbage until soft. Maybe 20 mins? I didn't keep track. You know how to boil cabbage.

Once the cabbage is cooked, put in a roasting pan. Drizzle a little of the cooking water over top, to keep it from drying out in the oven. Drizzle the bacon-olive-oil over the cabbage and crumble the bacon over the cabbage.

Roast at 350 f for about 40 minutes. It's done when it starts to brown and the edges start to crisp. Salt before eating.

Fantastic.


No comments:

Post a Comment