Thursday, September 5, 2013

Brown sugar soda

I'm still exploring new ways to augment plain seltzer water, and I've found another one that I like.

Cane sugar soda's all the rage with the kids these days, right? 

But it's hard to bother with adding flavor to ANYTHING, let alone bother to make proper infused simple syrups from scratch, when I'm tiiiiiiiiiiired. It's also hard to justify BUYING flavored syrups when I don't want to spend $5. Especially when I really DON'T want to have to leave the couch to go to the store. I'm not home sick today because I'm in great health, okay?!? Okay?!? Okay. 

... Okay.

So instead of spending time and effort on much of anything, I decided to just try using  brown sugar instead, to make myself an Italian cream soda.

And I liked it! Brown sugar is delicious.

Here's what I did:

Seltzer water.
Brown sugar.
Maybe a little half & half.
Whipped cream, I guess.

Now, the sugar and water's enough right there. You can just stop and it will be fine.

But the half & half helps give that Italian Cream Soda taste, and gives it an extra boost against heartburn. Useful, right? And I figured that if I was going there already, I might as well top it with whipped cream. I probably shouldn't have, because it overpowered the light molasses flavor in the sugar. But it's what I did.

And I will do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment