Sunday, October 12, 2014

Actual (But Still Lazy) Peaches and Cream Oatmeal

I am literally doing this right now.

Canned peaches might count as cheating, but who cares! There are actual peaches, there is actual cream, and I used old-fashioned dried oats instead of quick oats.


Mark Bittman once said that dry, old-fashioned oats become edible after soaking in liquid for ten minutes. I've done that a few times and have found it to be true, at least according to my own digestive system, which is totally fine with the practice. 

This time, I used boiling water and it worked really well. So take THAT, corn syrup lower fiber instant stuff! You aren't the only option anymore for people who want oatmeal but don't want to clean up afterward. (Apart from the dirty bowl and spoon, and apart from putting the ingredients away again. But other than that!)

No comments:

Post a Comment