Monday, November 10, 2014

Pie? We'll see.

I just made an apple pie. It is in the oven. I tried something I haven't done before, with the filling, by layering thin slices of apple in a series of flat spirals. I then topped the apples with flour, brown sugar, and butter. 


I forgot to add salt before putting on the top crust, so I sprinkled some chunky(?) salt, like...uh...those medium-sized salt crystal flakes? You have to know what I mean. It's not, like, regular table salt. It's fancy table salt. It came in a little tube jar with, like, a spice grinder built in. Anyway.

I sprinkled those salt pieces and some raw sugar crystals on the top of the pie crust, which also had some room-temperature butter smeared across it, because why not?

The pie is now in the oven. I don't know how it will turn out, but I DO know that I like sitting down again. So I have that going for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment