Monday, November 10, 2014

I made other food too! Lasagna, also beans. I didn't make cottage cheese, though.

Here is a recipe that I was loosely inspired by:

http://www.marthastewart.com/338978/rich-artichoke-and-mushroom-lasagna

I forgot about most of the seasonings, and I used sautéed zucchini and fresh spinach instead of artichoke hearts, but I made the fuck out of the béchamel sauce. Like, that shit turned out GREAT. The rest? The rest of the lasagna needs salt, so it is pictured with salt.


The beans are cannellini beans, roasted with homemade garlic butter. I made the garlic butter by literally just putting two whole cloves of garlic in a mini blender with butter and olive oil. It was so spicy that when a clump dropped onto the floor and my cat licked it, he made an "eech" sound and sprinted away like he was frightened.

The cottage cheese is just cottage cheese, but it's 4% milkfat and Darigold, which is a local brand. So it's pretty fucking good.

No comments:

Post a Comment