Tuesday, September 4, 2012

This Doesn't Suck! HealthyChoice Greek Frozen Yogurt

I am very pleasantly surprised to report that the HealthyChoice Greek Frozen Yogurt (boasting 100 calories per serving) actually doesn't suck at all. At least, not that I can tell, right now. It is the best pseudo-ice-cream that I've had in a while. (Although Trader Joe's coconut milk ice creams also rule.)

I had guessed, after looking at the label, that it had a 50/50 chance of tasting like lip gloss. After all, the larger the corporation behind the brand, the more suspicious I feel, especially about foods that are directly targeting those among us who struggle to juggle being both vain AND sweet toothed.

Still, if I'm going to be honest, I have to admit that I'm still willing to eat a desert that tastes like lip gloss. So I bought a box, because I was curious.

Now, this opinion COULD be the result of an indiscriminate culinary palate, but I actually really like this stuff. I will buy more.

It's kind of like cheesecake, kind of like whipped gelatin... It has a weird, foamy quality that--if I'm being charitable--makes me want to blame molecular gastronomy. The flavor is similar to greek yogurt, but it lacks the sour bite. The temperature resembles ice cream, but what I'm eating now doesn't feel as cold in my mouth. It definitely still feels like junk food (it's silky in an unnatural way), but it really suits me right now. I will definitely buy more.

1 comment: