Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Oops, I did it again: Heavy cream

Loyal readers will likely remember that time when I tried to drink a small glass of coffee creamer and it wrecked my stomach for about 24 hours afterward.

Well, today, history has repeated itself.

I was trying to whip heavy cream by hand with a whisk in my downtime while browsing through different chocolate mousse recipes, and, well, I drank it. It wasn't much. Maybe 1/8 cup. And it was frothy, which is why I wanted to learn about the texture firsthand.

And what I learned...was heartburn. Also that I should use a bowl with a rounded bottom next time, because it was hard to move the cream around enough to get adequate air incorporated into it to form proper peaks.

BOOYAH!

Also, in case you're wondering....which you probably aren't, unless you saw me go on about this with my private Facebook account earlier today...but yes, I was listening to that Peeping Song "Mojo,"--like with Danny DeVito in the music video?--when I came up with the title for this Painfully Enamored With Food entry. Because my husband is off working on a project, and that means it's Mike Patton time for me in the kitchen. Because only 50% of the two of us like that music, and I am that 50%.

Okay, resuming mousse. Wish me luck, my blog! (Blog: "Good luck!" Me: "Thank you!")

Oh, and I know that the song was quoting Brittany Spears lyrics out of context, but shut up. If we're going there, and looking for nods to outside art and whatever, "Neighborhood Spaceman" is TOTALLY about the first few seasons of the revamped Doctor Who, and that's amazing, and nobody who tries to convince me otherwise is getting through to me. It's my party, and there's no one but me in the corner, dammit!

No comments:

Post a Comment