Thursday, April 4, 2013

Easy as easy-pie, easy peasy

What? You think writing a food blog is EASY?!?

You think that FOOD is easy?!?

You think I was just BORN knowing which end of the fork is too pointy to stick in my ear?!?

Yeah, well you know WHAT?!? Maybe it IS easy. Is that what you want me to say? Is it? IS IT?!?

Well FINE. Maybe it is.

As easy as PIE, more like!!!

...

So, I made a blueberry pie this week, because my dad brought a homemade blueberry pie to Easter dinner (this past Sunday), and it was amazing, and when my husband and I got home from dinner we both looked at each other and went, "Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck, we should own a pie for ourselves." So that's ultimately what had to happen, about two days later.

Recipe!

Step 1. Buy two 15oz cans of blueberries. The ones from the photo.

Step 2. Carefully peel the label off of the can. The recipe is on the inside lining of the paper label.

Step 3. Read the recipe BEFORE you open the can. I made that mistake, and had to seal the opened can back up with cling wrap to make an emergency run to the grocery store for corn starch.

Step 4. Have some pie crust ready.

I'm lazy and undiscerning, so I bought pie crust from the grocery store, too. I didn't buy frozen, because I'm not patient like that. I bought dough from the dough part of the store, never looking back... Except for right now... Because I am looking back... Through the lenses of time.

5. Do what the instructions on the inner lining of the paper label from the berry can says. Do WHATEVER IT SAYS!!! FOLLOW THE RULES AND NOBODY GETS HURT!!!

6. ... Congratulations! You have pie!

Remember, the pie that I photographed looks like it has freckles because I sprinkled the whole thing with, like, a LOT of turbinado sugar crystals.

It's delicious, but the photo makes the pie look like it has a rash. Ignore this.

Just appreciate that it's pie.






No comments:

Post a Comment